CanForge is a reliable North American supplier of high-quality forged products. Inconel® forgings compose an important component of our extensive supply of exceptional forgings.
Properties of Inconel® Forgings
Inconel® is a trademarked material that is primarily composed of nickel but that also contains iron and some chromium. Inconel® forgings are extremely resistant to corrosion and additionally retain strength in elevated temperatures. Inconel®, being a nickel alloy, also has a low thermal expansion coefficient which makes it ideal for high-temperature applications.
CanForge offers metal forgings in the following types of Inconel®:
• INCONEL® 600 is a nickel alloy. Its forgings offer high strength and a moderate level of corrosion resistance.
• INCONEL® 601, also a nickel alloy, composes forgings that resist deformation as well as stress cracking in high temperature applications. The addition of aluminum and silicon improve this alloy’s resistance to oxidation.
• INCONEL® 625 forgings contain aluminum as well as titanium and are often age hardened for increased resistance to common types of metal fatigue.
• INCONEL® 718 is combined with niobium for the production of forgings that retain strength during lower temperature applications.
• INCONEL® 725 contains niobium, titanium, and molybdenum. Its forgings are precipitation hardened to increase strength and resist creep at higher temperatures.
• INCONEL® X-750 forgings contain a higher level of chromium and demonstrate a higher level of corrosion resistance.
• INCONEL® 800 forgings are composed of a basic nickel alloy that can resist oxidation and carburization at high temperatures.
• INCONEL® 800 HT is alloyed with aluminum and titanium. Its forgings have a higher level of heat resistance as well as other good mechanical properties.
• INCONEL® 825 forgings are often used for marine applications due to their higher titanium and molybdenum content which resists pitting, stress cracking, and corrosion.
• INCONEL® 903 forgings have a low thermal expansion coefficient and provide high levels of strength in elevated temperatures.